A debt snowball is a way to systematically pay down debts. Using this method you pay minimum payments to all debts except one (usually the debt with the lowest balance.) You then pay the minimum payment plus as much additional money as possible to the selected debt. This process is repeated until all of the debts are paid off.
Pay Off Debt Android Features
- Order debts in the order of your choice: from lowest balance to highest balance, highest interest rate to lowest interest rate, or in a custom order selected by you.
- You can add, edit and remove all types of debts. Graphics for credit card, car loan, mortgage/HELOC, student loan, and generic debt help to visually differentiate the types of debts.
- Password protect the app if desired, and change the password to something else or turn off the password at a later date if it has been set.
- See progress bars on each debt to help motivate and encourage you, plus view a progress bar of your overall progress.
- See estimated time left to pay off each individual debt.
- View the “planned debt-free date” on the Debts screen as an estimate of when all of the debts listed will be repaid. This date will change based on the additional amount you are able to pay.
- Ability to turn off the snowball if you’d like to compare how much time it would take to pay off each debt by just making minimum payments.
- Email the snowball information (list of debts, starting debt amount, current balance, minimum payment amount, due date, and progress made) to the email addresses you specify.
- Set the additional amount that you have available to put toward the first debt in your snowball.
- Current balance is automatically estimated based on information input by you. (However, please note that this is ONLY an estimate. To keep exact records, consult your statements and enter the actual current balance manually on the Edit Debts screen.)